That annoying dnrm2.f failure on i386
Toon Moene
toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Thu Apr 2 11:32:00 GMT 1998
[ ... Bernd Schmidt's patch elided ... ]
> I've installed a slightly modified version of this patch.
>
> In particular other passes can make use of this
> information (haifa-sched.c & loop.c for example). So
> I've make sure the values are computed regardless of
> STACK_REGS and updated the comments appropriately.
Great ! Now if you could install Richard Henderson's patch:
Thu Mar 12 09:53:14 1998 Richard Henderson <rth@cygnus.com>
* com.c (ffecom_expr_): Revert Oct 22 change. Instead take
a WIDENP
argument so that we can respect the signedness of the
original type.
(ffecom_init_0): Do sizetype initialization first. Init new
ssizetype.
then all the current Fortran problems would be solved :-)
I have tried this patch on both an Alpha (solves the problem it was
meant to solve and runs at least one other program correctly) and
my m68k-next-nextstep3 system - just to check whether those changes
wouldn't accidentally break a previously working combination.
(see http://egcs.cygnus.com/ml/egcs/1998-Mar/0456.html )
HTH,
Toon.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list