-frepo problems with KDE

Jochen K"upper jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Apr 2 09:35:00 GMT 1998


Dear All,

since turnaround times are shorter for my applications I put -frepo
into the CXXFLAGS.

Now when I recompiled qt-1.33 and kdelibs I run into trouble.
The system is an i686-pc-linux-gnu, egcs-1.0.2, glibc-2.0.7.
(All the following is about shared libraries.)

Qt is compiled without -frepo. If I compile kdelibs (Beta3) with -frepo,
I get unresolved symbols later on whenever I try to link any appliction
using these libs!
Sorry I don't have the error messages handy, they were something like
  QList<KKeyEntry> virtual table

If I compile kdelibs without -frepo, everything is fine !
(I am using -frepo in compiling my application in any case.)

Is this some sort of "-frepo"-bug or am I misunderstanding anything ?
Mustn't I use -frepo with shared libraries ?

Thanks,
Jochen


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Jochen K"upper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universit"at D"usseldorf   jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
  Institut f"ur Physikalische Chemie I
  Universit"atsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29    phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 D"usseldorf                            fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------




More information about the Gcc mailing list