iostream memory usage

Joel Sherrill joel@OARcorp.com
Tue Sep 16 08:12:00 GMT 1997

An RTEMS user recently told me that the C++ libraries -- in particular
iostream -- use a lot of memory.  He has not looked at the versions
included with egcs to see if his complaint still applies but I wanted to
get some general ideas about the memory usage in the C++ libraries.

How much memory do they use?  Code, Data, Dynamic Allocation?

Thanks in advance.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985