Small problem in gen_lowpart_common in emit_rtl.c

Christian Iseli chris@lslsun.epfl.ch
Tue Sep 9 06:50:00 GMT 1997

> I believe your patch is probably correct.  However, can you provide
> a little more info so that I can understand exactly what's happening?
>
> Specifically, what are MODE and X upon entry and what is the basic word size
> on your machine?

The word size of my machine is eight bit, i.e., BITS_PER_UNIT is 8 and
UNITS_PER_WORD is 1, BYTES_BIG_ENDIAN and WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN are both true.

Here is a typical example: gen_lowpart_common(mode, x) is called with
mode = QImode and x = (subreg:HI (reg/v:SI 31) 2).  The result I expect
is (subreg:QI (reg/v:SI 31) 3), but without the patch the result I get
is (subreg:QI (reg/v:SI 31) 2), which is obviously wrong...

					Christian