A couple of distribution proposals

Jeffrey A Law law@hurl.cygnus.com
Sun Sep 7 09:36:00 GMT 1997


  In message < Pine.LNX.3.95.970906184732.627F-100000@penguin.home >you write:
  > 
  > 1. Could you please arrange to include the output of "brik" in snapshots,
  > the way it is done in the gcc2 snapshots? For people like me, who apply
  > the diff files instead of getting complete snapshots, this makes it
  > possible to ensure that what they have are still the original sources.
It should appear in the next snapshot.  There'll be a single toplevel
,brik for the entire egcs distribution which will be included in all the
.tar.gz files.

diffs for the ,brik file will be included in the .diff.gz files.

Let me know if they don't appear or something about them is wrong.


  > 2. How about generating the "*.info*" files in the build directory? I
  > hate when a plain "make" modifies my source dir, and I'm sure many others
  > have the same opinion. (I'm willing to contribute the necessary patches).
It's been discussed.  I'm not sure if we reached a decision.

My vote is to put them in the objdir.

However, it's worth noting that the GNU coding standards explicitly
state that info files should be in the source directory...


Jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list