Include Hackery

Bruce Korb korbb@datadesign.nospam.com
Tue Sep 2 11:26:00 GMT 1997


Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> The only problem I saw in a quick glance is that using functions in sh
> scripts is unfortunately nonportable.

I am not a portable shell expert.  In fact, I mostly use ksh.
Anyway, I'll regen it and embed it inside the main loop
for anyone that needs it that way.

> In general, this seems like a very promising approach.  It would be
> nice if people on different systems could compare this to the
> traditional fixincludes script.
> 
> You can run
>     fixincludes foo /usr/include

Thanks.  This is what I was hoping people would do.

> Any differences would presumably require investigation.

I can tell you of two that I know about:
1.  the "#undef NULL" inserted before "#define NULL" is left-justified
2.  The commentary to the right of "#else" and "#endif" used to
    be stripped.  I put it inside "/* */".

-- 
Bruce Korb                      | Data Design Systems, Inc.
Korbb at DataDesign dot com     | 45 Cabot Dr., Suite 110
Voice:  408-260-0280            | Santa Clara,  CA   95051
Fax:    408-260-0281            | USA



More information about the Gcc mailing list