EH bug in Makefile.in

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 24 14:30:00 GMT 1997


hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:
> > 
> > I believe that the problem on linux is that you need a recent gas snapshot;
> > 2.8.1 fills a .align in .eh_frame with NOPs instead of zeroes.
> > 
> 
> No. The bug is in gcc/Makefile.in. egcs-971023 turns off exceptions
> in C. But _eh.o in libgcc2.a has to be compiled with exceptions
> on. I added -fexceptions to LIBGCC2_CFLAGS in gcc/Makefile.in.
> EH went back to egcs-971016 for me now.
> 

I'm not so sure. Right now I have 3 egcs-971023 linux trees:
  
  a. stock: 				39 failures in total
  b. stock + gas-971023: 		39 failures in total
  c. stock + -fexceptions per HJ:	21 failures in total (but not 3!)
  
  
HJ, Do you have other patches that might account for 18 extra successes?

Regards,
Mumit -- khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/



More information about the Gcc mailing list