xlimits.h for embedded targets

Joel Sherrill joel@OARcorp.com
Tue Oct 14 04:57:00 GMT 1997


On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Christian Iseli wrote:

> > Then maybe newlib should be "fixing" gcc's limits.h rather than the other
> > way around.
> 
> I'll second that.  Some targets will probably not use newlib...
> 
> Seems to me that maybe the cleanest way would be to generate a basic
> limits.h from the target description file (tm.h).  That's GCC's idea
> of the target's limits anyway.  At first glance, this should not be
> too hard... (famous last words, I know ;-)
> 
> What do you think?

I need to look into this further but it should not be too terribly bad to
have the newlib installed limits.h include the one gcc generates when it
does not see a limits.h.  At that point, it should just be a matter of
getting the include path search order right.  

--joel




More information about the Gcc mailing list