one tree builds

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Tue Nov 25 19:56:00 GMT 1997


  In message < Pine.BSF.3.96.971125214303.4794B-100000@vespucci.advicom.net >you 
write:
  > > This would make me wonder if you're picking up the right assembler --
  > > is the "as" link in the gcc dir pointing to the right place (keeping in
  > > mind the as.new -> as-new transition a little while back).
  > 
  > I am sure I am not picking up the right assembler.  
  > 
  > My binutils is 2.8.1 and it is creating as.new while egcs is looking for
  > as-new.  It looks like the same problem applies to at least ld and nm as
  > well.
Yup, it applies to ld & nm too.

  > Is this something that has changed in binutils since the 2.8.1 release and
  > I need to change my binutils to create XYZ-new?
Yes.  Or change gcc to look for XYZ.new

I think this deserves a mention in the FAQ :-)
jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list