Linux, PowerPC and -fvtable-thunks

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Sat Nov 22 00:42:00 GMT 1997


  In message < m0xZAFG-0004eeC@ocean.lucon.org >you write:
  > If I were asked directly about that patch, I would have
  > explained it. But I thought it was quite obvious that
  > --enable-shared would include the seond config file on
  > many platforms.
I asked you directly about that patch.  Shall I go back and find the message
and provide an exact quote?

  > One more thing, will there be a libstdc++ 2.8 for gcc
  > 2.8? If the answer is yes, $(CC) should be used for
  > making libstdc++.so in libstdc++/Makefile.in, instead
  > of $(CXX).
I don't know if there will be a libstdc++2.8

BTW, the problem you're referring to has been fixed.  I fixed it a few
days ago.

  > I am not sure if it is a good idea. I tend to think it may
  > cause more trouble than my old patch. The problem happens
  > when you have more than one config files. In my case, it
  > is --enable-shared. You don't want linuxpic if --enable-shared
  > is not used. To do it right, you should support multiple
  > config files.
Doesn't matter.  Your patch is _far_ too intrusive to go in at this time;
if you want this problem fixed, find a less intrusive way to address the
problem.

Jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list