g77 changes

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Mon Nov 17 13:55:00 GMT 1997


  In message < rzqd8k47bu0.fsf@djlvig.dl.ac.uk >you write:
  > In addition to Craig's comments I realize `g77 -v' no longer does what
  > we expect (see the manual).
Good points.

  > Talking of which, the g77 manual needs an overhaul before release.  I
  > haven't reviewed it carefully, but at least these things need
  > attention:
  >  * Version info
This is a question with broader implications.  ie, we're still trying to
answer the version # question about the release as a whole :-)

  >  * Bug reporting procedure and addresses (and other occurrences of
  >    gnu.ai.mit.edu)
Yes.  So, where do y'all want but reports to go to?  fortan@gnu.org or
egcs-bugs@cygnus.com

  >  * Installation instructions
Yes.  This is a general problem -- however I think we want to shy away from
language specific install stuff.

  >  * Bug fix and operational changes since 0.5.21 that aren't in
  >    burley's patches (like the changes under discussion, if they must
  >    persist)
We should note major bugfixes and user interface changes; I don't think we
want to detail every change since 0.5.21.  But that's just my opinion.

jeff




More information about the Gcc mailing list