egcs-971105 config.guess and gcc/config.guess have diverged

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu Nov 13 11:19:00 GMT 1997


  In message < 19971112150154.29821@dot.cygnus.com >you write:
  > On Wed, Nov 12, 1997 at 04:48:23PM -0500, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
  > > 	I don't think the problem is, as you imply above, that support
  > > is missing.  The issue is that ev5* support is there and broken.  At
  > > least I couldn't bootstrap my ev5 with egcs out of the box.
  > 
  > It's not ev5 thats the problem but ev56 (since it is ev5's that I have),
  > almost certainly caused by the relatively untested byte-word extension.
  > 
  > We should probably not enable MASK_BYTE_OPS by default in configure.in
  > until we've got it fixed.
Kaveh -- can you try removing MASK_BYTE_OPS in gcc/{configure,configure,in}
for the alpha56 target, then try to bootstrap the ev56?

If that works we can use it for the release; for the mainline we've already
sucked in the work from ev56 work from the FSF tree.

jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list