Linux Intel Requirements to Build egcs

Joe Buck jbuck@synopsys.com
Tue Nov 4 18:35:00 GMT 1997


> I'm new to the list and I haven't been able to build any of the ecgs
> binaries from 971031.  I always end up with cpp usage errors in various
> places.

Odd.

> I am running RedHat 4.2 and I have made all of the upgrades necessary to
> build 2.1.x kernels.  (I run kernel 2.1.57 if that makes any
> differnece.)  My machine is a SMP dual PPro.

egcs builds fine on a straight Intel RedHat 4.2 system.  Maybe there is
something funny about your setup -- we'd need to see exactly what messages
you are getting.

> (I noticed that autoconf always generates gcc/Makefile with
> USE_COLLECT=ld even if I don't specify --with-gnu-ld.  Is this an error?

No.

> I remove this by hand my compile goes much further but still fails.)

The intent is that you don't need to change anything, just

configure [--prefix=/some/path]
make bootstrap
make install





More information about the Gcc mailing list