Compiling egcs-1.0 on a Sun-Sparc-Solaris-2.5
Alexandre Oliva
oliva@dcc.unicamp.br
Fri Dec 19 12:34:00 GMT 1997
A J Rajkumar writes:
> I am trying to compile egcs-1.0 on a Sun-Sparc-Solaris-2.5
> using 'gcc-2.7.2.1'. I am getting an error about a 'f/bad.c' file
> missing when it tries to make f77. Is it possible that the 'make'
> that I am using is buggy. I am not using the 'GNUmake' but
> the 'make' that came with solaris.
Run `make bootstrap', not just `make' or `make all'
[ Jeff, what if we made bootstrap the default make target, and `make
onestage' the alternate target for those who want a single stage run?
]
> How can I turn off compiling the 'fortran compiler'.
Select the languages/programs you want to build and run:
make LANGUAGES="c c++ proto gcov $whatever$" bootstrap
Instead of this, you may just download egcs-core (which includes C
language support) and egcs-<language> distribution only, instead of
the full egcs-1.0 tarball.
--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org
http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil
More information about the Gcc
mailing list