Succesful build and so far use of egcs 1.0

Fredrik Öhrström d92-foh@nada.kth.se
Sun Dec 14 04:54:00 GMT 1997

Thank you for your initiative to kickstart the gcc development. I was
really afraid that the free software development would slow down
because the long release cycles of gcc. This is not a problem for
stable languages like C but C++ has changed so much that gcc 2.7.2 is
hopelessly outdated. Which I painfully realised after trying to
compile my C++ programs with egcs. All the errors were due to
differences in the C++ standard. Now it works though.

The output from config.guess was:
i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1

I will certainly push the limits of the C++ compiler so expect to
hear from me again. :-)

Best whishes
Fredrik Ohrstrom