{multiple,un}-defined symbols with egcs-971207

Fred Richardson frichard@bbn.com
Sat Dec 13 10:00:00 GMT 1997

I've seen these bugs posted, but I haven't been able to find a fix.
Does anyone have one?

This is all with sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/egcs-2.91.02

multiple definition of `__default_alloc_template<false, 0>::free_list'
         (seems to be triggered by STL headers).

All basic_string template functions using this type are undefined:
    basic_string<char, string_char_traits<char>,
                   __default_alloc_template<false, 0> >
it looks like basic_string was modified to take an allocation
parameter, but the methods are defined in the .cc file (should they be
moved to the header?).

      Thanks for any help with this stuff,

                 -Fred