Size of generated programs (fwd)

Dale Martin dmartin@ececs.uc.edu
Mon Dec 8 14:35:00 GMT 1997

"Bill Walker" <bw@student.ecok.edu> writes:
> 	I have had essentially the same experience, with C, FORTRAN,
> and C++.  The increase is anywhere from about 2% to about 10%, after
> stripping, and running through mcs -d.  OTOH, the egcs compiler seems to
> compile things that I just couldn't compile before, so I consider it
> a wash.
>
> 	My platform is OSR 5.0.4.
>
> BW

As an interesting contrast, I have a program that I'm working that has an
11M binary when compiled with gcc-2.  With egcs, it's 4.5M.  (Stripped in
both cases) And egcs has found some small problems with the code, which is
C++.  Keep up the good work!

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |