Problem solved

Louis Marascio lmarasci@stevens-tech.edu
Sun Dec 7 21:34:00 GMT 1997

I seem to have solved my problem and I'm not sure if I would categorize it as
an egcs/g++ bug, but egcs/g++ could have detected and possibly compensated for
it.  After some investigation into what was actually being put in the
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH environment variable I saw that it consisted of the correct
paths but there was always a space after the colon, such as this:
somedir: another/dir: yet/another/dir: ... and so on.  I looked in my makefile
and this is how I was defining the variable that contained the paths:

INCLUDEMANIFEST = somedir:\
                  another/dir:\
                  yet/another/dir:\
Notice there is no space after the colon, only a \.  I tried moving the
subsequent directories to the far left margin and the same error occured. After
that I moved the entire thing onto one line, and whacked the \'s.  This
solved the problem.  Maybe its a make thing, dunno.  Either way, thanks to all
those who helped me troubleshoot this.

- - - - -
Louis R. Marascio                  A.K.A Louis Armistead and Jim McCraken
Email: lmarasci@stevens-tech.edu   "We have plenty of psychological abuse
ICQ: 4270107                        in stock" -- Ripped from jsm