egcs/c-torture.exp/.cexp and 14 char limit

Philippe De Muyter phdm@macqel.be
Sat Dec 6 14:13:00 GMT 1997

>   In message < 199712050904.KAA23053@mail.macqel.be >you write:
>   > Please include the following patch in the egcs source tree.
>   > Without it, c-torture.exp tries to execute some C programs as Expect progra
>   > ms :)
> Which tests have this problem -- I'd just assume rename them to
> handle 14char filesystems.

Well, the first one (the one which always caused dejagnu to abort with :

  Running /usr/gnu/tmp/egcs-971122/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/compile/compile.exp
  ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "typedef union" does not exist.
  The error code is

                  === gcc Summary ===

  # of expected passes            972
  # of expected failures          1

) is compile/combine-hang.c
             12345678901234
When c-torture checks for the existence
  of compile/combine-hang.cexp
             12345678901234
it gets a success, but the file it gets is actually combine-hang.c.

I prefer my patch than imposing a 13-char limit to testcase names, but
another possible fix would be to choose another suffix than 'cexp' for the
testcase-specific expect files, a suffix that would not begin with the
letter 'c'.

Philippe