RPM packages for egcs 1.0

Elliot Lee sopwith@bogus.circ.us.eu.org
Wed Dec 3 15:32:00 GMT 1997


This may be of general interest, since I know many people ask about a
fortran compiler, others are interested in a bleeding edge compiler with
some fancy optimizations, and still others are just bored.

ftp://ftp.circ.us.eu.org/pub/linux/packages/i386/egcs-1.0-1.i386.rpm
ftp://ftp.circ.us.eu.org/pub/linux/packages/i386/egcs-c++-1.0-1.i386.rpm
ftp://ftp.circ.us.eu.org/pub/linux/packages/i386/egcs-objc-1.0-1.i386.rpm
ftp://ftp.circ.us.eu.org/pub/linux/packages/i386/egcs-g77-1.0-1.i386.rpm
ftp://ftp.circ.us.eu.org/pub/linux/packages/i386/libstdc++-2.8.0-1.i386.rpm
ftp://ftp.circ.us.eu.org/pub/linux/packages/i386/libstdc++-devel-2.8.0-1.i386.rpm

Totaling about 5 megabytes.

ftp://ftp.circ.us.eu.org/pub/linux/packages/SRPMS/egcs-1.0-1.src.rpm
About 9.5 megabytes

Also uploaded to incoming of ftp.redhat.com. FWIW, Anyone using the
gcc-g77 2.7.2.x packages will probably want to use the one in here instead
(just MHO of course).

The binary packages are for Red Hat Linux 5.0. Compiling them on 4.2 or
earlier might be an interesting way to use your CPU time, but last time I
tried it didn't work (if someone does get it working, or if someone
--rebuild's the packages on other architectures, I'll gladly put the
packages up in my FTP dir). 

Enjoy,
-- Elliot




More information about the Gcc mailing list