Building breaks on shared libs

Orn E. Hansen oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
Tue Dec 2 22:54:00 GMT 1997

  I've applied the patches for the December 1st snapshot, and
configured it with '--enable-shared' and '--enable-thread'.  After
having given the command:

  make bootstrap-lean

  The build successfully built the compiler and utilities, and went on
to the stdc++, finishing with making a static one 'libstdc++.a'.  But
breaks on making the shared 'libstdc++.so.2.8.0'.  It gives errors on
several files that are referred to under the 'libio' tree.  Thinking
that some of these files were non-existant. However, taking a quick
look under the 'libio', those files were there.  Maybe the links to
these files, for the making of shared libs, are given relative to the
wrong root tree?

  The system I build it on, is Debian, with glibc 2.0.5c.  I've
successfully used the egcs compiler with the static library, without
any problems.  I also installed only the 'egcs-core' and 'egcs-c++'
parts of egcs (I don't need fortran :-)