m68k-unknown-coff cross failure

Neal Becker neal@ctd.comsat.com
Tue Dec 2 05:52:00 GMT 1997


Now I encounter another puzzling problem:
>head config.status 
../../egcs-971127/configure --host=hppa1.1-hp-hpux9.05 --target=m68k-unknown-coff --prefix=/usr/local/m68k -v --with-newlib --norecursion 

My target is embedded 68k with no OS, and since I use newlib-1.8 I
added --with-newlib.

It builds a long way, then:

 /src/m68k/egcs-971127/gcc/xgcc -B/src/m68k/egcs-971127/gcc/ -c -g -O2 -I. -I../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/../include   ../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c -o pic/vsprintf.o
/src/m68k/egcs-971127/gcc/xgcc -B/src/m68k/egcs-971127/gcc/ -c -g -O2 -I. -I../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/../include  ../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c: In function `vsprintf':
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c:47: structure has no member named `_flag'
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c:47: `_IOWRT' undeclared (first use this function)
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c:47: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c:47: for each function it appears in.)
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c:47: `_IOSTRG' undeclared (first use this function)
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c:48: structure has no member named `_ptr'
../../../../egcs-971127/libiberty/vsprintf.c:49: structure has no member named `_cnt'
make[3]: *** [vsprintf.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/src/m68k/egcs-971127/m68k-unknown-coff/libiberty'
make[2]: *** [libiberty.a] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/src/m68k/egcs-971127/m68k-unknown-coff/libiberty'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libiberty] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/m68k/egcs-971127'
make: *** [cross] Error 2

I'm not sure what's going on.  Is this vsprintf for the host or the
target?  The host (hpux) has vsprintf, and this was detected by
configure.  The target should have it in newlib.



More information about the Gcc mailing list