target/9843: [HPUX] -static still leaves the linker looking f or shl_*

law@redhat.com law@redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 18:46:00 GMT 2003


The following reply was made to PR target/9843; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: law@redhat.com
To: "BONNER,MATT (HP-Vancouver,ex1)" <matt.bonner@hp.com>
Cc: "'John David Anglin'" <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>, danglin@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org, nobody@gcc.gnu.org,
   gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: target/9843: [HPUX] -static still leaves the linker looking f or 
 shl_*
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:42:58 -0700

 In message <A134E2426B46D711BB4B000347AE6E7C76EBBD@xvan02.vcd.hp.com>, "BONNER,
 MATT (HP-Vancouver,ex1)" writes:
  >Hmmm...
  >
  >Maybe all is still not well.  When I move an executable compiled with
  >all this stuff from an HP-UX 11 machine to an HP-UX machine, I get
  >
  >/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /usr/lib/libdld.2
  >/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
  >IOT trap
  >
  >I'm hunting around as I write this, but if you know what I'm doing
  >wrong now, please let me know.  Or if the answer is "You can't run
  >11 executables on 10." :-)
 You can't run hpux11 executables on an hpux10 system.
 
 jeff
 



More information about the Gcc-prs mailing list