java/6092: sparc-sun-solaris2.7 has hundreds of libjava failures with -m64

Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Sat Mar 30 22:06:00 GMT 2002


The following reply was made to PR java/6092; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu>
To: tromey@redhat.com
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: java/6092: sparc-sun-solaris2.7 has hundreds of libjava failures with -m64
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:01:19 -0500 (EST)

  > From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
  > 
  > >>>>> "Kaveh" == Kaveh R Ghazi <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:
  > 
  > Kaveh> Alternatively, you could get a solaris2 box and run make check
  > Kaveh> with: setenv RUNTESTFLAGS "--verbose
  > Kaveh> --target_board='unix{-m64,}'" to get both regular and -m64
  > Kaveh> passes.
  > 
  > I assume I need a special 64 bit machine to do this.
  > I don't know whether I have access to one.
 
 Well, whatever sun box you have, I think you need to verify two
 things.  One is that it must be running solaris2.7 or later for gcc to
 configure 64 bit.  The second is that it must be the right hardware.
 If you run "uname -a" and get "sun4u" or run "prtconf" and get
 "UltraSPARC", you should be in good shape.  I'm not an expert so other
 hardware may also suffice.  Easiest thing is to try it and see what
 happens.  You'll know that the -m64 stuff is working if the C tests
 look reasonable.  Then try and see why the libjava ones choke.
 
 
  > Kaveh> No I think it's really a bug.  If you look back, I specifically
  > Kaveh> showed the `ldd' results to prove I was using the correct
  > Kaveh> shared libs for 64-bit compilation.  (The sparcv9 multilibs
  > Kaveh> *are* built with -m64.)
  > 
  > Ok, thanks.  I didn't know dejagnu knew about multilibs.
  > 
  > As far as I know nobody has ever tried libgcj on a 64-bit Sparc box
  > before.  It sounds like this requires actual debugging; I was hoping
  > it was some relatively simple thing.
  > Tom
 
 Heh, "actual debugging". :-)
 
 --
 Kaveh R. Ghazi			Director of Systems Architecture
 ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Global Services



More information about the Gcc-prs mailing list