c++/6001: g++ problems with nested headers from > egcs-2.91.66 until 3.0.0

Neil Booth neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 10:16:00 GMT 2002


The following reply was made to PR c++/6001; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk>
To: Mario Deilmann <Mario.Deilmann@pallas.com>
Cc: gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: c++/6001: g++ problems with nested headers from > egcs-2.91.66 until 3.0.0
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:13:01 +0000

 Mario Deilmann wrote:-
 
 > I tried gcc -E -H on both files and there are a LOT of differences (about
 > 1200). I have looked into the differences and most of them obviously are
 > caused by the different include sequence. 
 > 
 > I have no idea where I should look for the important differences ? Any
 > idea ?
 
 Try
 
 gcc <options> file.c -E -H > /dev/null
 
 which just lists the header trail.  Then have a look at the first header
 where they diverge, and figure out why.  It's either because your path
 is different, or a command line or builtin macro is different.  I can't
 help you any more than that I'm afraid.
 
 Neil.



More information about the Gcc-prs mailing list