c/5914: Infinite loop when compiling with optimisation on of z_log.c of libf2c

Ulrich Jakobus jakobus@emss.co.za
Mon Mar 11 21:16:00 GMT 2002


The following reply was made to PR c/5914; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ulrich Jakobus" <jakobus@emss.co.za>
To: "gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	"gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>,
	"gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>,
	"jakobus@emss.co.za" <jakobus@emss.co.za>,
	"nobody@gcc.gnu.org" <nobody@gcc.gnu.org>,
	"toon@gcc.gnu.org" <toon@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc:  
Subject: Re: c/5914: Infinite loop when compiling with optimisation on of z_log.c of libf2c
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 07:13:05 +0200

 >    
 >    Why are you submitting this ?
 >
 Sorry, may be a misunderstanding: I am using gcc-3.0.4 to compile
 the file z_log.c of libf2c myself, I am not referring to g77 and
 libf2c that comes with g77. I need my own version of libf2c for
 several reasons (modified variable mappings in the header file f2c.h
 and certain other defines in the makefiles deviating from the standard).
 
 OK, now I know that I should probably use "-O2 -ffloat-store" for
 the compilation, and not "-O3" or just "-O2" (which I have always
 done for previous releases of gcc).
 
 Thanks,
 
 Ulrich
 
 
 



More information about the Gcc-prs mailing list