c++/8847: dynamic_cast segfaults with shared lib

Reinier.Bezuidenhout@nokia.com Reinier.Bezuidenhout@nokia.com
Mon Dec 9 13:46:00 GMT 2002


The following reply was made to PR c++/8847; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: <Reinier.Bezuidenhout@nokia.com>
To: <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>,
   <hans.utz@informatik.uni-ulm.de>, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>,
   <nobody@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc:  
Subject: Re: c++/8847: dynamic_cast segfaults with shared lib
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:41:28 -0500

 http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=3Dview%20audit-trail&database=3D=
 gcc&pr=3D8847
 
 Hi ...
 
 I'm running into a similar problem on my system.  Mine is a bit more =
 difficult to trace since it involves a Java JNI call.  =20
 
 I have an application that loads a shared library that uses the =
 dynamic_cast.  When using the shared library from a c++ program on the =
 command line, it works fine.  When I do it via a JNI call in segfaults.  =
 I tried the smaller sample program and that too crashed in the same way.
 
 Here is some info:
 
 [root@comet jni]# gcc -v
 Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
 gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)
 
 [root@comet jni]# java -version
 java version "1.4.1_01"
 Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-b01)
 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-b01, mixed mode)
 
 
 Unfortunately here I can't recompile the JVM .... The java was compiled =
 with :
 GCC: (GNU) egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)=20
 (This is java 1.4.1_01 release)
 
 
 Should I try compiling by lib with gcc 2.91.66 ?? =20
 
 Thanks
 Reinier
 
 
 
 



More information about the Gcc-prs mailing list