bootstrap/6825: [Sun OS 4.1.4] gcc 3.1 fails to build

jason andrade jason@dstc.edu.au
Mon Dec 2 04:46:00 GMT 2002


The following reply was made to PR bootstrap/6825; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ticam.utexas.edu>
Cc: bangerth@dealii.org, <gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org>, <gcc-prs@gcc.gnu.org>,
   <gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: bootstrap/6825: [Sun OS 4.1.4] gcc 3.1 fails to build
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:36:51 +1000 (EST)

 On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:
 
 > I don't think I personally can do something about it, but we may contact
 > the SunOS/Sparc maintainers whether they would like to take a look at it,
 > in case it still fails. Thanks for the offer!
 
 the build stops with this error:
 
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/xgcc -B/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/bin/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/lib/ -isystem /opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -O2 -O2 -c signbit.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/signbit.o
 signbit.c: In function `__signbit':
 signbit.c:39: `ieee_double_shape_type' undeclared (first use in this function)
 signbit.c:39: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
 signbit.c:39: for each function it appears in.)
 signbit.c:39: parse error before "gh_u"
 signbit.c:39: `gh_u' undeclared (first use in this function)
 make[4]: *** [signbit.lo] Error 1
 make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/xgcc -B/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/bin/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/lib/ -isystem /opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -O2 -O2 -c signbitf.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/signbitf.o
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/xgcc -B/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/bin/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/lib/ -isystem /opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -O2 -O2 -c signbitf.c -o signbitf.o >/dev/null 2>&1
 make[4]: Leaving directory `/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/libmath'
 make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 make[3]: Leaving directory `/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3'
 make[2]: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3'
 make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 2
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1'
 make: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
 
 
 i've traced this to, i think, sunos not defining what ENDIANNESS it is.  if i manually
 #DEFINE BIG_ENDIAN 1
 
 this fixes it.
 
 then, it dies later here
 
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc -B/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/ -nostdinc++ -L/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/src -L/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/bin/ -B/opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/lib/ -isystem /opt/local/stow/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/include -I../../../gcc -I../../../include -I/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/inclu de/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4 -I/local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/include -I../libsupc++ -g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -Winline -fdiagnostics-show-location=once -g -c eh_alloc.cc -o eh_alloc.o
 In file included from eh_alloc.cc:33:
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cstdlib:86: `
    div_t' not declared
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cstdlib:87: `
    ldiv_t' not declared
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cstdlib:97: `
    div' not declared
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cstdlib:102: `
    ldiv' not declared
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cstdlib:104: `
    mblen' not declared
 /local/dev/build/gcc-3.2.1/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.4/libstdc++-v3/include/cstdlib:122: syntax
    error before `(' token
 make: *** [eh_alloc.lo] Error 1
 
 
 i am assuming there is some other error here i haven't been able to follow :-(
 
 
 regards,
 
 -jason
 



More information about the Gcc-prs mailing list