c/1569: Internal compiler error in print_rtl_and_abort, at flow.c:6502

Igor Schein igor@txc.com
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

The following reply was made to PR c/1569; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Igor Schein <igor@txc.com>
To: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Cc: igor@txc.com, gcc-gnats@gcc.gnu.org, ask@wisdom.weizmann.ac.il
Subject: Re: c/1569: Internal compiler error in print_rtl_and_abort, at flow.c:6502
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:57:56 -0500

 On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 08:56:27AM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

 > >> Number:         1569
 > >> Category:       c
 > >> Synopsis:       Internal compiler error in print_rtl_and_abort, at flow.c:6502
 >
 >  > Please submit a full bug report.
 >  >  See <URL: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html > for instructions.
 > Please follow the instructions and send preprocessed output.

 My apologies - forgot to include .ii files.  But actually, there's another bug
 report, c/1580, which reproduces exactly the same ICE, so you might wanna take
 a look at it.

 > >> How-To-Repeat:
 >  > make alglin2.o when using the attached Makefile
 > The file compiles without problems on i686-linux with the current GCC
 > CVS version.
 > >> Fix:
 >  > Review the following modifications:
 > Why do you think this is the culprit?  Have you run gdb and noticed
 > that one of those functions were called?  None of the functions

 No, I didn't.

 > mentioned below call print_rtl_and_abort.  I'm confused about your
 > analysis.

 Since the problem didn't exist before the New Year, and flow.c was modified
 by you Jan 3, I made a shaky assumption that your change was
 responsible.  Sorry if it's not the case.

 > Andreas

 Igor