[COMMITTED] Avoid repeating calculations in threader.
Thu Nov 4 14:39:47 GMT 2021
We already attempt to resolve the current path on entry to
find_paths_to_name(), so there's no need to do so again for each
exported range since nothing has changed.
Removing this redundant calculation avoids 22% of calls into the path
Tested on x86-64 and ppc64le Linux with the usual regstrap. I also
verified that the before and after number of threads was the same
in a suite of .ii files from a bootstrap.
* tree-ssa-threadbackward.c (back_threader::find_paths_to_names):
Avoid duplicate calculation of paths.
gcc/tree-ssa-threadbackward.c | 12 ------------
1 file changed, 12 deletions(-)
diff --git a/gcc/tree-ssa-threadbackward.c b/gcc/tree-ssa-threadbackward.c
index 29e9d6a3f90..b7eaff94567 100644
@@ -443,18 +443,6 @@ back_threader::find_paths_to_names (basic_block bb, bitmap interesting)
- // Examine blocks that define or export an interesting SSA,
- // since they may compute a range which resolve this path.
- if ((def_bb == bb
- || bitmap_bit_p (m_ranger->gori ().exports (bb), i))
- && m_path.length () > 1)
- if (maybe_register_path ())
- done = true;
- goto leave_bb;
// If there are interesting names not yet processed, keep looking.
More information about the Gcc-patches