[Patch, v2] contrib/mklog.py: Improve PR handling (was: Re: git gcc-commit-mklog doesn't extract PR number to ChangeLog)
Mon Jun 21 07:54:41 GMT 2021
On 17.06.21 02:17, Martin Sebor via Gcc wrote:
> @@ -147,6 +152,12 @@ def generate_changelog(data, no_functions=False, fill_pr_titles=False):
> # Extract PR entries from newly added tests
> if 'testsuite' in file.path and file.is_added_file:
> + name = os.path.basename(file.path)
> + name = os.path.splitext(name)
> + if name.startswith("pr"):
> + name = name[2:]
> + name = "PR " + name
> + prs.append(name)
I think you need a regular expression to extract the PR – as it will both match
too much and to little. We have file names such as:
* libstdc++-pr91488.C (other prefix)
* PR37039.f90 (capitalized PR)
* pr98218-1.C (suffix with '-')
* pr40724_1.f (suffix with '_')
* pr101023a.C (suffix with a letter)
But otherwise, I like that idea.
* * *
Changes in my patch compared to v1:
- (From Martin's patch:) Extract the PR from new-files file
name (using pattern matching), but only take the PR if the
PR wasn't found in the file as PR comment.
(The latter happens, e.g., with b376b1ef389.)
- Avoid printing the same PR multiple times as summary line
(duplicates occur due to 'PR 134' vs. 'PR comp/123' vs.
'PR othercomp/123') — This does not avoid all issues but at least
some. If this becomes a real world issue, we can try harder.
OK to commit this one? — Comments?
* * *
I did leave out other changes as they seem to be less clear cut,
and which can be still be handled as follow up. Like:
- Adding 'Resolves:' (as in some cases it only resolves part of
- ... other changes/patches I missed. (This thread has too many
emails.) In particular, if
^PR <comp>/<pr> - ....
is accepted by gcc-commit/, then there is no need to list the
PRs individually later on. But currently, it is still required.
* * *
* v1 of my patch was at
* Discussion of the -b option is at
* Martin S's patch (partially quoted above) is at
Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH, Arnulfstrasse 201, 80634 München Registergericht München HRB 106955, Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5558 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gcc-patches