[PATCH] c: Silently ignore pragma region [PR85487]
Fri Aug 28 20:04:09 GMT 2020
> The patch misses documentation of the pragma.
This was an intentional omission - when looking for documentation of
the pragma in clang I found none.
If we do want to document the pragmas in GCC:
- what section of the documentation would that go in?
- gcc/doc/cpp.texi, section 7, "Pragmas"
- this section states: "This manual documents the pragmas
which are meaningful to the preprocessor itself. Other pragmas are
meaningful to the C or C++ compilers. They are documented in the GCC
- these pragmas aren't exactly meaningful to the preprocessor
_or_ the C/C++ compiler, so it's not exactly clear where they fit.
- gcc/doc/extend.texi, section 6.62, "Pragmas Accepted by GCC"
- what exactly would it say?
- I guess just mention the existence and that they won't trigger
unknown pragma warnings? They don't _do_ anything
More information about the Gcc-patches