[patch] normalize the x86-vxworks port organization
Thu Sep 18 17:16:00 GMT 2014
VxWorks ports typically come in two flavors: regular VxWorks and VxWorksAE
(653). In most cases, <cpu>/vxworks.h is used as a common configuration file
for the two flavors and <cpu>/vxworksae.h overrides/adds on top of that.
There are also config/vx*.h shared by everybody.
The x86 port departs from this scheme, with a i386/vx-common.h file.
The attached patch is a proposal to bring the x86 port organization
in line with what is done for other CPUs. It essentially
- moves the contents of i386/vx-common.h within i386/vxworks.h,
- removes i386/vx-common.h
- adjusts config.gcc accordingly
The patch takes the opportunity to
- cleanup i386/vxworksae.h, removing redundant or obsolete
definitions and putting the one we use wrt stack-checking support
for this platform.
We (AdaCore) have been using this succesfully for a while on gcc-4.7
and recently on gcc-4.9, for both VxWorks6 and VxWorksAE targets.
The patch attached here applies on mainline and passes
make all-gcc for --target=i686-wrs-vxworksae --enable-languages=c
OK to commit ?
Thanks in advance for your feedback,
With Kind Regards,
2014-09-18 Olivier Hainque <email@example.com>
* config/i386/vxworksae.h: Remove obsolete definitions.
* config/i386/vx-common.h: Remove. Merge contents within
* config.gcc (i?86-vxworks*): Use i386/vxworks.h instead of
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4179 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gcc-patches