[PATCH,rs6000] Add option to avoid generation of indexed load/store instructions
Mon Jan 26 18:06:00 GMT 2009
> The following patch adds a new option, -mavoid-xform, to avoid generation
> of indexed load/store instructions when possible. Enabling this option on
> Power6 has shown some significant improvement on certain benchmarks
> stream, PTRANS), while at the same time only introducing some minor
> improvements/degradations on the other spec benchmarks.
> Bootstrapped and regression tested on powerpc64-linux with no new errors
> when the option is not enabled. With the option enabled there is one new
> failure, gcc.dg/tree-ssa/loop-19.c, which would be expected since that
> is looking for indexed load/store patterns.
> OK for trunk?
Updated patch which adds documentation and changes the option name to
2009-01-26 Pat Haugen <email@example.com>
* doc/invoke.texi (avoid-indexed-addresses): Document new option.
* config/rs6000/rs6000-protos.h (avoiding_indexed_address_p):
* config/rs6000/rs6000.opt (avoid-indexed-addresses): New option.
* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (rs6000_override_options): Default
avoid-indexed-addresses on for Power6, off for everything else.
(avoiding_indexed_address_p): New function.
(rs6000_legitimize_address): Use it.
* config/rs6000/rs6000.md (movXX_updateX): Likewise
(See attached file: avoid_xform.diff)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 12808 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gcc-patches