Joseph S. Myers
Tue Jan 20 22:18:00 GMT 2009
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> >> As code shared by GCC and glibc I would suggest the same license notice as
> >> soft-fp (LGPL >= 2.1 + exception) to allow an identical file to be shared.
> >> (Indeed, soft-fp uses this header.) The version in GMP diverged long ago
> >> so sharing the file with that may not be feasible.
> > I have suggested this change to the SC.
> The FSF has approved the change. Joseph, would you please update the
> license notice on the file to match soft-fp? Please update any active
> branches with the problem as well to avoid confusion for anyone working
> from those branches.
I have applied this patch to trunk to make the notice match soft-fp, and
the license notice changes to 4.3 and 4.2 branches.
This version of the file is intended to be suitable to copy into glibc
verbatim if any glibc maintainer wishes to do so.
2009-01-20 Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* longlong.h: Update copyright years. Use soft-fp license
notice. Sync __clz_tab declaration with glibc.
--- longlong.h (revision 143529)
+++ longlong.h (working copy)
@@ -1,21 +1,34 @@
/* longlong.h -- definitions for mixed size 32/64 bit arithmetic.
- Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004,
- 2005, 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+ Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000,
+ 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
+ Free Software Foundation, Inc.
- This definition file is free software; you can redistribute it
- and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public
+ This file is part of the GNU C Library.
+ The GNU C Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
+ modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
- version 3, or (at your option) any later version.
+ version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- This definition file is distributed in the hope that it will be
- useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied
- warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- See the GNU General Public License for more details.
+ In addition to the permissions in the GNU Lesser General Public
+ License, the Free Software Foundation gives you unlimited
+ permission to link the compiled version of this file into
+ combinations with other programs, and to distribute those
+ combinations without any restriction coming from the use of this
+ file. (The Lesser General Public License restrictions do apply in
+ other respects; for example, they cover modification of the file,
+ and distribution when not linked into a combine executable.)
- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
- along with this program; see the file COPYING3. If not see
- <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. */
+ The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
+ but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
+ MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
+ Lesser General Public License for more details.
+ You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ License along with the GNU C Library; if not, write to the Free
+ Software Foundation, 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,
+ MA 02110-1301, USA. */
/* You have to define the following before including this file:
UWtype -- An unsigned type, default type for operations (typically a "word")
@@ -42,8 +55,13 @@
#define UDWtype UDItype
-extern const UQItype __clz_tab;
+/* Used in glibc only. */
+extern const UQItype __clz_tab attribute_hidden;
/* Define auxiliary asm macros.
1) umul_ppmm(high_prod, low_prod, multiplier, multiplicand) multiplies two
Joseph S. Myers
More information about the Gcc-patches