Patch to update libtool in GCC and binutils trees

Steve Ellcey sje@cup.hp.com
Mon Mar 26 16:58:00 GMT 2007


I tested the new libtool on HP-UX and Linux over the weekend.  The
builds all worked fine but I got many C++ failures during testing on
IA64 HP-UX, PA HP-UX (32 bits), and x86_64 Linux.  All the failures
seemed to involve trouble finding the libstdc++ library when linking
test programs.  On IA64 HP-UX, testing worked in default 32 bit mode but
failed in 64 bit mode because we have a -L that finds the 32 bit
libstdc++ library before one that finds the 64 bit version.  On PA and
x86_64, we just don't seem to find libstdc++ at all.

I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com



More information about the Gcc-patches mailing list