[autovect] [patch] complete-unrolling pass before the vectorizer
Thu Mar 22 15:45:00 GMT 2007
The new patch is attached. A new flag was added to control complete
unrolling pass (-ftree-complete-unroll). It is unset in the vectorizer
The addition of the new passes causes more testcases to PASS which
changes the gcc summary report.
It is caused due to a testcase like the following; which passes for every
dump file that is produces, because more are produced we get more PASSes.
-B/home/eres/build_lim_certification/new_build/gcc/ -w -O2 -DMASK=2
-x c -da -fdump-tree-all -fdump-noaddr -fno-show-column -c -O2 -o
(timeout = 300) PASS: gcc.c-torture/unsorted/dump-noaddr.c,
-O2 -DMASK=2 -x c -da -fdump-tree-all -fdump-noaddr
PASS: gcc.c-torture/unsorted/dump-noaddr.c.001t.tu, -O2 comparison
PASS: gcc.c-torture/unsorted/dump-noaddr.c.003t.original, -O2 comparison
PASS: gcc.c-torture/unsorted/dump-noaddr.c.004t.gimple, -O2 comparison
We have four more passes; their are eight different runs like that ( -O0,
-O1, -O2, -O3,
-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops, -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-all-loops -finline-functions, -O3 -g, -Os), which explains 32
more testcases that pass.
=== gcc tests ===
@@ -170,14 +170,14 @@
=== gcc Summary ===
-# of expected passes 43835
+# of expected passes 43867
# of unexpected failures 68
Bootstrap and tested on PPC. OK for autovect branch?
2007-03-22 Revital Eres <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* passes.c (init_optimization_passes): move complete-unrolling
pass before the vectorizer and add constant propagation,
store-ccp, dse and dce passes after it.
* common.opt (-ftree-complete-unroll): Add the new flag.
* doc/invoke.texi (-ftree-complete-unroll): Document it.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/vect/vect.exp: Add fno-tree-complete-unroll
to the default options of the vect testsuite.
* tree-ssa-loop.c (gate_tree_complete_unroll): Add
-ftree-complete-unroll flag to the gate.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/20030917-1.c: Fix dump file number.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/ssa-ccp-1.c: Likewise.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr21574.c: Likewise.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/20030917-3.c: Likewise.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/ssa-ccp-3.c: Likewise.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/pr14841.c: Likewise.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/20030731-2.c: Likewise.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/tree-ssa/20040721-1.c: Likewise.
* testsuite/gcc.dg/pr23911.c: Likewise.
(See attached file: passes_patch_22_3.txt)
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Gcc-patches