Configure problem

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Mon May 24 15:05:00 GMT 2004

> I think you will need to come up with a better solution for this sort
> of problem, if it's going to be a while before Ada is fixed in HEAD.

I'm not sure to understand here. You suggested making a change to an Ada
related file, so it's not surprising that this change needs some level
of testing. Given that Ada can't be tested on mainline, we need to find
the best compromise (or not do Ada-related changes).

As for a 'better solution', I don't know of any. Having a branch as suggested
would probably not be different, since the patch would also likely need
to be different on the branch than on the HEAD.

> I backported the patch.  It didn't apply cleanly, but in this case it
> only took ten minutes to fix it up, so I did.  As time goes by this is
> going to become more and more of a burden, and the testing will be less
> representative.

If this time comes, then these Ada changes will have to be postponed.

> Libada built OK with the patch.  OK?

OK, thanks.


More information about the Gcc-patches mailing list