Patch to projects.html: glibc's string function macros

Richard Henderson rth@cygnus.com
Mon Oct 30 17:36:00 GMT 2000


On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 06:49:43PM -0500, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> One note, when expanding strstr(s1, "c") -> strchr(s1, c), I didn't
> hardcode strchr but instead I switched on TARGET_MEM_FUNCTIONS and
> issued `index' for the BSD case.  (I did this by changing the
> `library_name' when calling builtin_function to register strchr.)

I don't think you should do this.  Pedanticly, "strchr" is in
the standard library namespace and "index" isn't.


r~


More information about the Gcc-patches mailing list