Building the latest master GCC using msys2.

Peter0x44 peter0x44@disroot.org
Tue Mar 19 11:14:13 GMT 2024

19 Mar 2024 9:24:58 am LIU Hao <lh_mouse@126.com>:

> 在 2024-03-17 01:53, peter0x44 via Gcc-help 写道:
>> I tried without passing any sysroot, and with --sysroot=/mingw64.
>> There appears to be no directory named "mingw" present on the root.
>> There is only "mingw64", "mingw32", "ucrt64", etc.
>> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there something I don't
>> understand about the purpose of --with-sysroot?
>
> Please clone this repo:
>
>    https://github.com/lhmouse/MINGW-packages/
>
> and use these commands to build GCC:
>
>    cd MINGW-packages/mingw-w64-gcc
>    MINGW_ARCH=mingw64 makepkg-mingw
>

> If you omit `MINGW_ARCH` it builds for all architectures. You may
> specify multiple architectures so they are built one by one, like
>
>    MINGW_ARCH='mingw64 ucrt64' makepkg-mingw
>
> ---
>
> If you need to build the master branch, change
>
>    _branch=releases/gcc-13

>    _branch=master
>

> However some patches may no longer apply. You may need to cd into the
> `src` directory, apply those patches with `git am -3`, resolve any
> conflicts, commit the result with `git am --continue`, re-create
> patches with `git format-patch`, copy them back, then update checksums
> with `updpkgsums`...
>

> --
> Best regards,
> LIU Hao
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not interested in building a package, I just want to test some
patches and submit them. Apparently, I need to symlink /mingw64 to /mingw
to get past this error. I'd prefer not to go through makepkg or anything
else, I need a setup for GCC development.

So, I don't think this solution is suitable for me, I can't be having to
diff source and then add patches to the package manually.

I'll test with the symlink and report if it gives me any problems.

Best wishes,
Peter D.