Problems building gcc

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 19:22:20 GMT 2024

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 at 17:38, T Rex via Gcc-help <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Good morning everyone,
>
> I am compiling gcc-13.2 with the following configuration,
>
> ./configure

Don't run configure in the source directory. See
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC

> --disable-multilib --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-multiarch
> --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> --enable-deterministic-archives --disable-bootstrap --enable-default-pie
> --enable-default-ssp --disable-libssp --enable-linker-build-id
> --disable-libstdcxx-filesystem-ts --enable-shared
> --prefix=/home/runner/work/gcc/gcc/builds
>
> and the process is successful. But when reviewing the include directory, it

Which include directory?

> is empty, with only the g++ directory and its contents, I would like all

Do you mean c++ directory?

> the files necessary for the compiler to be in the folder. I don't know if
> it's a configuration error or something additional needs to be done.

Which files are you expecting to be there?

The C library headers are not part of GCC, they are already installed
elsewhere, like /usr/include

And many of GCC's headers will be under
$prefix/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/13.2.0/include