Error in c++tools while building GCC 12.1.0 on HP-UX 11.23

Matthew R. Wilson mwilson@mattwilson.org
Tue May 24 18:54:51 GMT 2022

On 05.24.2022 11:16, Stefan Ring via Gcc-help wrote:
>On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 3:47 AM Matthew R. Wilson
><mwilson@mattwilson.org> wrote:
>>
>> Alternatively, are these c++tools necessary? Can they be excluded from
>> the build?
>
>I don’t think so, but it looks like you can fix it by just removing
>the offending if statement. It’s obviously broken for the case when
>you have neither of HAVE_PSELECT, HAVE_SELECT.

Thanks.

Success! I commented out c++test/server.cc lines 756 and 757, and the
build completed successfully.

Who knows if there will be ill effects in some case sometime in the
future, but seems to work for my purposes for now.

Thanks,
Matthew