stage1 gcc bootstrap fails looking for bits/libc-header-start.h

Xi Ruoyao xry111@xry111.site
Tue May 10 05:50:00 GMT 2022

On Mon, 2022-05-09 at 20:53 -0400, Dennis Clarke via Gcc-help wrote:

> So that sort of looks the same but also I am not sure what is needed
> here.  As usual the package libc6-dev provides :
>
>      /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bits/libc-header-start.h
>
> However that is in a weird place. Do I need host/target/foobar etc?

Generally multiarch directory names are encoded in gcc/config/{arch}/t-
linux* files and they have not to be exactly same as --target.

Try:

    /opt/bw/build/gcc-12.1.0_debian_10_armv7l_imed.004/./gcc/xgcc -print-multiarch

This command will print the multiarch directory name.  And you can
compare it with "arm-linux-gnueabihf" to see what's happening.

(The OP's mail server doesn't like me, hope he can see the thread via
list or someone can forward me.)
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xry111.site>