libjava configure fails on finding no C compiler in $PATH despite gcc being present

Zopolis0 creatorsmithmdt@gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:18:46 GMT 2022

While compiling gcj, it progresses successfully until running ./configure
in libjava, which, among other things, fails to find any C compiler in
$PATH. This is despite all other ./configures in other directories
successfully finding gcc, and me adding gcc directly to $PATH. (note: I am
running ./configure directly from libjava, which is adding some additional
errors such as [./../../../config-ml.in: No such file or directory], but
the main issues are still present in a regular build).