gfortran | 9.3.1 missing FINDLOC?

Jim Wilson jimw@sifive.com
Tue Mar 30 15:08:00 GMT 2021

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 11:28 AM Evan Cooch via Gcc-help <
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Was wondering if anyone can give me some advice? Is there a way to 'look
> for' FINDLOC on my box (irony accidental), or (more likely) if there is
> a packaging issue with devtoolkit for CentOS, is there something I can
> do to correct the problem?

findloc0_s1 should be in the libgfortran.so file.  This is a new function
in GCC 9, so maybe you are linking with the wrong library version?  You can
use nm (or nm -D) to look for symbols in a shared library.  You can use
"gcc --print-file-name=libgfortran.so" to find the library file that gcc is
using by default.  The gcc-9 compiler should point at a gcc-9 version of
this library.  You can add -v to a compiler command to see what the
compiler driver is doing, and -Wl,--verbose to see what the linker is
doing, to see exactly which libgfortran.so file that the linker is using.

Jim