GCC make test errors

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 17:42:47 GMT 2021

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 at 17:42, Jackson Pfeffer <crazykidjack@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest I wasn’t even sure if I had a question because I wasn’t sure if those errors were expected.
>
> Since you have now clarified that, my question is just “would you help me figure out how to fix those errors so that I can get gcc to be ready for install”
>

> The file you asked for is too large to attach to email, so here is a google drive link… I hope that’s ok: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mXD0BWitzUzzKdIrG1z4g9kTqBao5v_g?usp=sharing

The libstdc++ failures all seem to be related to EPERM errors where an
expected error doesn't occur. Are you using an unusual filesystem?
Maybe a Windows share or something?

They don't indicate a problem with the C++ library, just that the
tests expect any filesystem on linux to support POSIX file
permissions, so that a directory can be unreadable and give errors
when accessed. So the tests aren't as portable as they could be.

I don't know about the other failures you're seeing.