Anyone else has looked for the stack usage report and not found them when using -flto ?

Visda.Vokhshoori@microchip.com Visda.Vokhshoori@microchip.com
Fri Jan 29 19:46:10 GMT 2021

I figured out that they are generated during RTL passes that run after whole program analysis and partitioning.  The file names have extension .su.  But they have ltrans#.ltrans added to the name as well.  # is the partition number.

Since all the ltrans files are temporary, I had to add –save-temps to my link command for them to be kept around.

Did you see this problem?  If yes, how did you solve/worked around it?

I am on GCC 8.3.1

Thanks,
Visda