native compiler linked to another glibc

Jim Wilson jim.wilson.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 22:36:34 GMT 2021

On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 6:20 PM Bill Cunningham via Gcc-help <
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

>      I compile a newer glibc and save it in a a path in /mnt. The
> problems I seem to be running into I believe are addressed in that FAQs,
> at least in a similar form. I compile, or try to, a native compiler that
> will be attached to the new glibc (not the system glibc).

Adding a -v option to a gcc command will show what is happening inside the
gcc driver, and might give a clue as to what is going on.

Using your own glibc which is not installed in the normal location is
complicated.  I would suggest looking at
    https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Testing/Builds#Testing_a_glibc_build

Note that some glibc libraries are actually linker scripts, and may have
references to /usr embedded in them.  This is why the glibc wiki recommends
using sysroot to point at the new glibc.

Jim