Request for tutorial for modifying the gcc compiler in gnu-toolchain developed for specific hardware

RICHU NORMAN richunorman@cusat.ac.in
Tue Dec 14 04:58:13 GMT 2021

Hi TeamGCC,

I am a beginner in gcc development .I would be grateful if you could help
me by suggesting a beginning for gcc development.My aim is not to have a
complete development of toolchain or gcc,but to edit the existing  gcc
compiler in gnu-toolchain developed for specific hardware(like a cross
compiler), as this is an urgent requirement.Already added the opcodes and
test run the same with few assembler modifications.
How can I edit that compiler ?
Where to begin with?

--
Richu Norman