Question, using gcc, forum.

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 08:15:14 GMT 2020

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 at 23:51, tele via Gcc-help <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> I am looking for a "forum" where I can find help in learning programming c.
> Because the "manual" doesn't look great for me.
>

> For example:
> - Where is C manual ?
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/
>
> Why there ?
> https://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-c-manual/gnu-c-manual.html

Because that's a completely separate project from GCC, it's just that
they both happen to be under the GNU umbrella.

It seems reasonable to link to the GNU C Manual from the GCC website,
if we don't do so already.

> For example:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-c-manual/gnu-c-manual.html
> https://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/bash/bashref.html
>
> My description for an example of building a bicycle.
> This looks like a description of the components that make up the bike.
> I am especially concerned that the manual shows the gear, but it does not show if it is part of a larger set and where it is on the bike.
> But maybe I am too stupid or blind because I do not see the tutorial on how to build a programs.
>
> For me, this is archeology in which I try to deduce something sensible from the ruins and sand.
>
> That's why I need someone who can help me get through the beginning a little.
> Especially since the language is constantly evolving. Programming security too. And maybe someone has some programming advice on my own blog that I can't find in internet.

My personal advice: Get a good book. Teaching C programming is not
simple, and expecting to get it for free from a website is optimistic.
If you want quality material, pay for it by supporting an established
author of quality books.